The City of Hermosa Beach has partnered with the South Bay Cities Council of Governments (SBCCOG) and People Assisting the Homeless (PATH) to provide life-changing services to homeless individuals throughout the South Bay community. As a result of this collaborative, regional effort, homeless individuals in our community now have access to local and tailored services through an outreach and dispatch hotline, housing assistance, mental health care, and employment services.
- PATH Hotline - (562) 457-0205 or e-mail: email@example.com
Anyone experiencing homelessness in our region, and/or concerned residents/business owners that would like to call for non-emergency services for a particular individual are encouraged to call our Hotline number or e-mail us. Outreach hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you get our voicemail, please leave a detailed message with your name, a call back number, your location, and we'll call you back as soon as possible!
- Mental Evaluation Team - (310) 524-2750 - Police Department Dispatch
The City of Hermosa Beach, in partnership with the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (LACDMH) and the cities of Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach, is proud to provide mental evaluation services through compassionate field intervention. In 2017, these four agencies launched the Beach Cities Mental Evaluation Team (MET). MET is a co-response model to respond to 911 calls or requests from field patrol officers to assist with calls for service regarding mentally-ill persons. Each team consists of one officer and one mental health clinician. For more information regarding Mental Evaluation Team services, please visit the LACDMH webpage.
With the assistance of several dedicated volunteers, the City participates in annual Greater Los Angeles Homeless Counts in partnership with the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) and South Bay Coalition to End Homelessness.
City and Service Planning Area 8 (SPA 8) Homeless Count results are below:
- 2019 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - Hermosa Beach - 25
- 2019 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - SPA 8: South Bay
- 2018 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - Hermosa Beach - 23
- 2018 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - SPA 8: South Bay
- 2017 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - Hermosa Beach - 19
- 2017 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - SPA 8: South Bay
- 2016 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - Hermosa Beach - 20
- 2016 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - SPA 8: South Bay
- 2015 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - Hermosa Beach - 17
- 2015 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count - Summary
City of Hermosa Beach Homelessness Plan
On July 24, 2018, City Council adopted a comprehensive action-oriented Homelessness Plan that will serve as a community roadmap for preventing and combating homelessness locally and regionally. Hermosa Beach's Homelessness Plan is built on the City's existing efforts and established partnerships, its long-term goals for ensuring community safety, a review of existing resources and opportunities, and input from a variety of stakeholders. The plan is broken into five overarching goals, along with supporting actions to achieve those goals; alignment with County strategies; associated policy changes and/or requirements to move goals forward; benchmarks for measuring progress of these actions; respective staff/partner ownership for each category; City resources to be leveraged; and a general timeline for each.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question to expand / contract the answer.