From time to time, it is necessary for Southern California Edison (SCE) to perform maintenance on the electrical system in the area. In order to perform this work safely, SCE must temporarily interrupt electric service and turn off power. Maintenance outages are necessary to upgrade aging infrastructure, make needed improvements, and complete other repairs. SCE realizes this temporary service interruption may cause some inconvenience, and appreciates your understanding as they work to increase system reliability for the future.
SCE Maintenance Outage Notices:
While the City of Hermosa Beach makes every effort to post maintenance outage notices provided by SCE, there are circumstances in which information may not be provided in advance such as an outage caused by traffic accidents or severe weather.
- There are no scheduled maintenance outages at this time
Past maintenance outages:
- 11/19/18 - Beach Drive between 2nd Street and Pier Avenue Notice
- 5/30/18 - Pier Avenue Between Hermosa Ave & Ardmore Notice
Maintenance Outage Tips:
- SCE will notify you at least three days before a maintenance outage. The notice should include a Scheduled Outage Number.
- The timing can change due to safety reasons. This means that a maintenance outage can be rescheduled or cancelled or it could end earlier than planned.
- View the latest updates and a map of outages (can enter your Scheduled Outage Number in SCE's Maintenance Outage Status Tool) at: https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home/outage-center/check-outage-status/