8th Street Improvement Project (CIP 14-173)
Please find the project construction notice that was shared with all residents along the corridor.
- Creation of a continuous, accessible sidewalk on the north and south sides of the street
- Removal of encroachments from the public right of way as necessary
- Refreshing of crosswalks and striping along the corridor
A meeting for residents was held on Wednesday June 26th from 3:30 to 4:30 PM at the Clark Building located at 861 Valley Drive to answer any questions about the upcoming construction.
The City will be working with Gentry General Engineering on this project. Should you have questions or concerns during construction, please call the construction manager Scott Giannini at (661) 369-2826 or the Public Works Department at (310) 318-0241. Provided below is a copy of the tentative construction schedule and the final construction plans for the 8th Street project.
During construction additional notices and instructions will be provided to residents along the corridor in advance of construction beginning on each block. The schedule for construction was as follows:
North Side of Street:
- July 8 - Bard St to Cypress Ave.
- July 15 - Cypress Ave to Loma Dr.
- July 22 - Loma Dr to Manhattan Ave.
- July 29 - Manhattan Ave to Hermosa Ave.
South Side of Street:
- August 5 - Hermosa Ave. to Manhattan Ave.
- August 12 - Manhattan Ave. to Bayview Dr.
- August 19 - Bayview Dr. to Monterey Blvd.
- August 26 - Loma Dr to Cypress Ave.
- September 3 - Cypress Ave to Valley Dr.
- September 23 - Curb ramps and crosswalks