Permit Counter Hours:
City Hall is currently closed to the public. Click here to learn how to apply for Right of Way Permit.
Monday to Thursday 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m
Master Fees Schedule as of December 1, 2019.
A Right of Way Permit is required for following work in and use of the ROW:
|Street Excavation Permit||Miscellaneous Use (14 Day)||Miscellaneous Use (1 Day)|
Utility Service Connection
|Street/Lane Closure||Material Storage/ Drop-Off|
|Curb & Gutter||Temporary Fence||Crane|
|Driveway||Roll-Off Bin||Moving Van|
|Street Pavement Cut||Staging|
Requirements for obtaining a ROW Permit
- Proof of State Contractor's License (learn more about Contractor License requirements)
- City Business License (if applicable)
- Proof of Commercial Liability Insurance
- Traffic Control Plans (Street Excavation permits)
- Work Area Plans (Street Excavation permits)
Other ROW Permits
Encroachment permits allow residents or business owners to enter an agreement with the City for on-going private use of the Right-of-Way.The City retains the right to revoke an encroachment permit at any time.
Outdoor Dining on Pier Plaza
- Resolution 05-6417 Standards and Procedures for Design and Operation of Outdoor Dining Areas on Pier Plaza
- Design and Operational Standards
PARKWAY TREE PLANTING, MAINTENANCE & REMOVAL
Residents must apply for a permit to plant, prune, or remove trees from city parkways adjacent to their property. Applications to remove a tree with a trunk diameter greater than 12 inches must be approved by the Public Works Commission.
In April 2019, the City Council passed an Ordinance to allow Sidewalk Vending only by permit in allowed areas.