Please remember to be aware and park with care! Maintaining access to sidewalks ensures that everyone can safely travel without stepping into traffic.
The City of Hermosa Beach maintains a Safe Routes to School program and has identified multiple safety corridors throughout the city where crossing guards can assist at the most congested intersections. Please use the "Contact Us" link for more information.
California Vehicle Code Section 22500 specifically provides that:
No person shall stop, park, or leave standing any vehicle whether attended or unattended, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a peace officer or official traffic control device, in any of the following places:
(f) On any portion of a sidewalk, or with the body of the vehicle extending over any portion of a sidewalk, except electric carts when authorized by local ordinance, as specified in Section 21114.5. Lights, mirrors, or devices that are required to be mounted upon a vehicle under this code may extend from the body of the vehicle over the sidewalk to a distance of not more than 10 inches.
Parking Enforcement Reminders
For additional City parking information, please visit the following webpages:
- Parking Citations & Towed Vehicles
- Parking Permits
- Public Parking - Lots & Meters
- Electric vehicle charging station map
City Recognized Holidays
For purposes of parking enforcement on street sweeping days and parking on Pacific Coast Highway, the following are holidays recognized by the City of Hermosa Beach:
- New Year's Day - January 1st
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday - third Monday in January
- Presidents' Day - third Monday in February
- Memorial Day - last Monday in May
- Independence Day - July 4th
- Labor Day - first Monday in September
- Veterans Day - November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day - fourth Thursday in November
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas - December 25th
If January 1st, July 4th, or December 25th falls upon a Sunday, the Monday following is a holiday. If November 11th falls upon a Saturday, the preceding Friday is a holiday.
Disabled Person Parking Placard / License Plate Enforcement
Disabled person parking placards and license plates may be obtained from the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Vehicles properly displaying such placards and license plates may park in the following areas noted below subject to certain limitations:
- Park in designated handicap zone
- Park at any silver or yellow pole meter
- Park in any pay by space meter parking
- Park at any limited time zone parking
- Exempt from payment of meter
- Exempt from time limitation as designated on meter or pole
- Not exempt from sweeper parking
- Not exempt from red zone
- Not exempt from 72 hour maximum in one space per California Vehicle Code
- Not exempt from Taxi Parking Only hours
- Wednesday - Pier Plaza Farmers Market - no parking in City Lot B (59 13th Court) Wednesdays 11 AM to 6 PM.
- Friday - 1035 Valley Drive Farmers Market - no parking in 1035 Valley Drive Lot Fridays 8 AM to 5 PM. Parking is allowed on Valley Drive (limited to 2 hours only). Farmers market is not held on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Held twice each year (Saturday/Sunday/Monday) on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
- City Lots A (1101 Hermosa Avenue) and B (59 13th Court) closed one to two days before.
- Pier Avenue is closed at Manhattan Avenue.
- Hermosa Avenue is closed between 9th Street and 15th Street.
- All vehicles in these areas are cited and towed.
- Parking is extremely limited.
- Temporary Taxi Zones are set up adjacent to the Fiesta, North and South.
- Shuttle Buses are provided free of charge. For shuttle information, please contact the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce at 310-376-0951 or visit www.fiestahermosa.net.
Pacific Coast Highway
- Vehicles cited and towed when parked during posted hours
- East side of highway Mon thru Fri 6:30 AM until 9:00 AM
- West side of highway Mon thru Fri 3:00 PM until 7:00 PM
- Not enforced on City recognized holidays
Please observe all posted signage for street sweeping dates and hours (view City map).
- All vehicles must comply during posted hours
- Enforced every day except City recognized holidays
- Enforced on rainy days
- Parking allowed after sweeper has passed
Taxi & Rideshare Zones
The City has designated taxi and/or rideshare zones at the following locations:
- 1100 Hermosa Avenue (West Side) - 24/7 rideshare zone
- 1200 Hermosa Avenue (West Side) - Thu to Sun 9 PM to 3 AM rideshare zone
- 1300 Hermosa Avenue (East Side) - Thu to Sun 9 PM to 3 AM rideshare zone
- 1300 Hermosa Avenue (West Side) - Thu to Sun 9PM to 3AM taxi zone
- Designated by yellow “Taxi Only” and rideshare signs
- Designated by red curb or red lines
- No stopping, standing or parking at any time
- Designated by yellow curb
- Enforced Monday thru Saturday 7 AM until 6 PM (except City recognized holidays)
- Non-Commercial Vehicle - 3 minute parking
- Commercial Vehicle - 20 minute parking
- Designated by green curb
- Enforced 24 hours everyday
- 15 minute parking