- Emergencies: 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (310) 524-2750
- Non-Emergency Police Station Line: (310) 318-0360
- Police Station Address: 540 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
- Office Hours: Open Monday to Sunday, 24 hours a day
The Hermosa Beach Police Department is responsible for preserving the peace, preventing crime and disorder by protecting life and property and the personal safety within the community through the enforcement of state laws and city ordinances, education and community services, all of which are accomplished by giving due consideration to efficient, economical, and timely operations.
"A Nationally Accredited Agency" (CALEA)
Police Department Key Services & Programs
- Animal Control - unattended/wild animals, deceased animals, noise complaints, etc.
- Community Police Advisory Board - staff support for monthly meetings to receive and respond to community input on policing issues.
- Contract management - crossing guards, Dial-a-Taxi (seniors/disabled), dispatch center, radio, software, supplemental private security, systems, and other contracted services.
- Homeless Services - mental health evaluation services in partnership with the Beach Cities Mental Evaluation Team (MET).
- House Check Programs - Alzheimers/Homeward Bound, vacation & You Are Not Alone (seniors) - click to sign up.
- Neighborhood Watch - a great way to reduce and prevent crime in partnership with the Hermosa Beach Police Department - sign up now and apply to be a block captain!
- Parking Citations - management of the administrative review and hearing process for contested citations.
- Permits - alarm (security/burglar), amplified sound, block party, drone, oversize vehicle and residential special event.
- Reports - view:
- Special events & community outreach - Coffee with a Cop, Community Safety Fair, Drug Take Back, National Night Out, annual Rabies Clinic, Santa's Sleigh Ride and more--check the City's calendar for upcoming events.
- Special event support and security services - St. Patrick's Day Parade, Surfer's Walk of Fame/Spyder Surf Fest, Fiesta Hermosa, Hermosa Beach triathlon, 4th of July, AVP volleyball, Summer Series concerts, New Year's Eve and other events.
- Towed / impounded vehicle releases - contact the Police Records / Business Office at (310) 318-0360.
- Volunteer Programs - Reserve Officer (for those that have completed a police academy / POST training) and Volunteers in Policing (VIP) (civilian volunteers).
- For more, see our Police Division page for details on:
- Community Services - parking enforcement & animal control services.
- Investigative & Administrative Services - Detective Bureau, Records/Business Office (public counter services), property, evidence and court liaison services.
- Operations - jail, Narcotics / K-9 program, Patrol, Traffic Bureau/Motor Officers & Watch Commander services.