Visit the Finance Cashier's Office for TAP cards, bus passes and Dial-A-Taxi vouchers. Discounts are available for reduced fare TAP card holders and Hermosa Beach residents.
Bus Passes & TAP Cards
The City of Hermosa Beach is a Transit Access Pass (TAP) vendor where you can purchase or load a Metro Transit Access Pass/TAP Card. Discounted rates are available for 30-day passes with a special reduced fare TAP card--click the TAP Reduced Fare Cards link to apply online or obtain an application for a Senior, Disabled, College/Vocational Student or K-12 Student TAP card. Hermosa Beach residents with a special reduced fare card are eligible for even greater savings--simply provide proof of residency less than 30 days old in one of the following forms:
- Current utility bill, bank statement, credit card bill, or a bill/statement sent through the mail on a monthly billing cycle (the only online print-out accepted is a current utility bill showing the service address, not the mailing address); OR
- Proof of property ownership - property owners' residency may be verified through the City's property tax system.
Bus Pass and TAP Card Pricing:
- 30-Day Pass (please bring your reduced fare TAP card and proof of residency as applicable):
- Regular Price - $100
- College / Vocational - Resident $18.90 | Non-Resident $43
- Student - Resident (K-12) $10.60 | Non-Resident (K-12) $24
- Senior / Disabled - Resident $8 | Non-Resident $20
Additional passes, TAP cards and stored value reloading are available at regular pricing:
- 30-Day Pass Zone 1 - $122
- 7-Day Pass - $25
- 1-Day Pass - $7
- TAP Card - $2
- Stored Value - any amount
Hermosa Beach residents 62 years of age or older and disabled persons of any age possessing a TAP Identification Card (taptogo.net) or an Access Paratransit Card (accessla.org) may purchase taxi vouchers with current proof of residency (see above for accepted forms) from the Finance Cashier Office for:
- $1 each in books of 10 with a maximum of 30 vouchers per calendar month. Vouchers do not expire, but please purchase only what you will be able to use since there are no voucher refunds.
Dial-a-Taxi Service Area
Each $1 voucher allows the rider a one-way trip from one pick-up point to one destination within the geographical limits established below. All rides must begin or end in Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach or any area included within the following boundaries:
- El Segundo Blvd. to the north
- Crenshaw Blvd. to the east (for purposes of medical appointments only, the east boundary will be extended to Western Avenue)
- Pacific Coast Highway to the south (near Palos Verdes)
If a rider chooses to travel beyond these boundaries, an additional meter charge must be paid.
Scheduling a Dial-a-Taxi Ride
- Dial 1-800-829-4378 for a taxi.
- No reservation is required with the exception noted below. Taxi service is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Pick-up should be within 20 to 30 minutes from the time the telephone request is received by the taxi service.
- Non-ambulatory patrons must inform the taxi company that a lift equipped vehicle is required. Reservations should be made at least 24 hours in advance. Same day service may be available, but not guaranteed.
- Patrons may reserve a one-time trip up to 2 weeks in advance, specifying the time of pick-up and destination or schedule a standing pick-up for the same time daily or weekly.
- Up to 3 additional passengers may ride on one voucher as long as it is from the same pick-up point.
Additional Transportation Options for Seniors and Disabled Individuals
A shared ride countywide bus service for persons 55 years old and disabled citizens to destinations outside the city. Dial 1-800-827-0829 for questions, 1-800-883-1295 for reservations with an Access Paratransit Card or visit www.accessla.org for more information.
Operating since 1987, the WAVE is a Senior and Disabled curb-to-curb paratransit service operating through a cooperative partnership between the City of Redondo Beach and the City of Hermosa Beach. Vehicles are powered by CNG (compressed natural gas) and equipped with wheelchair lifts.
The WAVE provides convenient, inexpensive shared-ride transportation to destinations within Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach and designated satellite facilities in adjacent communities of Manhattan Beach and Torrance. Call (310) 802-7684 for a free introductory trip.
Register for a WAVE Identification Card:
- Residents of Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach must complete an application. Call (310) 937-6660 or visit Redondo Beach City Hall, 415 Diamond Street.
For hours of operation and more information on The WAVE, please visit: