Adopted 2019-20 Budget Documents
You may peruse the City of Hermosa Beach's complete Adopted Budget and Five Year Capital Improvement Program 2019-20 or select individual sections below. The City Council adopted the Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget and Capital Improvement Program on June 11, 2019.
The City Manager is required to submit a preliminary budget to the City Council on or before May 15th of each year. One or two public workshops are held in May and June to review the budget and receive public input. One formal public hearing is held in June, prior to budget adoption.
The City Council must adopt an annual budget, by resolution, on or before June 30 for the coming fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). If the budget is not adopted by that date, the preliminary budget, except for capital outlays, goes into effect until the budget is adopted.
The budget may be amended during the year as necessary. A Midyear Budget Review is conducted in February, at which time adjustments to revenue estimates and appropriations are made. Expenditures may not exceed appropriations at the fund level. The City Manager may approve transfers of appropriation within funds; transfers of appropriations from one fund to another require City Council approval.
Budgets are adopted for all governmental and proprietary funds on a basis consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
The Budget At A Glance summarizes the Adopted Budget.
Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget - City Council Study Sessions & Adoption
- June 11, 2019 - Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget Adoption - Staff Report
- May 22, 2019 - Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budget Study Session
- April 30, 2019 - Capital Improvement Program Study Session
Adopted City Budget Documents by Section
- City Officials/Mission Statement/Strategic Plan/PLAN Hermosa
- Table of Contents
- City of Hermosa Beach Community Profile
- City Manager's Budget Message/Budget Overview
- Revenue Charts
- Personnel Allocation
- Appropriation Charts
- City Council Budget
- City Attorney Budget
- City Clerk Budget
- City Manager Budget
- Information Technology Budget
- Prospective Expenditures
- City Prosecutor Budget
- City Treasurer Budget
- Community Development Budget
- Community Resources Budget
- Finance Budget
- Fire Services Budget
- Human Resources Budget
- Police Department Budget
- Public Works Department Budget
- Capital Improvement Program - Current Year
- Five Year Capital Improvement Program
- Five Year Forecast & Financial Policies
- Department Supplemental Requests
- Personnel Requests/Recommendations
- Revenue History by Fund
- Revenue Category Detail
- Expenditure History by Fund
- Explanation of User Charge Allocations
- Debt Service Schedule - 2015 Lease Revenue Bonds/Debt Analysis
- Fire Equipment Conversion Costs & Facility Renovation Costs Schedules
- Replacement Schedules
- Schedule of Restricted/Discretionary Funds
- Glossary & Index