Updated 4.3.20 at 6:30 PM
The City of Hermosa Beach is supporting trusted resources such as the Center for Disease Control and LA County Department of Public Health who are monitoring and leading response efforts by helping to share information and resources available to the public regarding Coronavirus, aka COVID-19. We are closely monitoring updates and information provided by these sources and will continue to provide updates to the community.
The City of Hermosa Beach has announced that it is postponing, cancelling, or closing non-essential large public events and senior and community programs sponsored by the City during the months of March and April to comply with the recommendations of Gov. Gavin Newsom and public health experts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The listing of events that have been cancelled or postponed is available on this webpage and will be updated as conditions change.
Are you in need of assistance?
Get support from a group of local South Bay residents who have organized themselves and are ready to tend to the needs of the community. Volunteers have been trained by Beach Cities Health District to ensure safety in fulfilling needs and can help with grocery, pharmacy, calls of comfort and other needs.
Please fill out the assistance form put together by Hermosa Volunteers or call the Beach Cities Health District at 310.374.3426 extension 256 - available 8:30 AM to 5 PM seven days a week.
- The California Governor has issued a STAY AT HOME ORDER statewide effective 3/19/20 beginning 11:59 PM until further notice.
- The County of Los Angeles has issued a SAFER AT HOME ORDER that applies to all of LA County effective beginning 11:59 PM on 3/19/20. Read the order from LA County Public Health.
- City of Hermosa Beach COVID-19 Daily Update for 3.19.20
- Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce Launches Business Directory to Support Local Businesses
- LA County Public Health Identifies 41 New Cases in LA County bringing total of 231 Cases Countywide
- City of Hermosa Beach Daily COVID-19 Update for 3.17.20
- Handout for Local Businesses Activities Affected Under LA County Directive
- LA County Public Health Announces 50 New Cases of COVID-19
- City of Hermosa Beach Daily COVID-19 Update for 3.16.20
- Suspension of Street Sweeping Restrictions and 2020 Parking Permit Enforcement
- 25 News Cases of COVID-19 Reported in LA County
- A Letter to the Hermosa Beach Community Regarding Changes to City Facilities and Operations in Response to COVID-19
- LA County Public Health Identifies 16 New Cases in LA County
- LA County Public Health Identifies 11 new Confirmed Cases in LA County
- LA County Library Announces Closure of Facilities including Hermosa Beach Library through 3/31
- Hermosa Beach Historical Society will Close through March
- Hermosa Beach City School District to Temporarily Suspend Classes, Offices, and Programs
- City of Hermosa Beach Press Release - After School Programs Closed
- LA County Public Health Announces 8 New Confirmed Cases in LA County
- A Note to our Hermosa Beach Businesses
- City and Chamber announce cancellation of the St Patrick's Day Parade
- Hermosa Beach City School District Provides Update on COVID Response
- City of Hermosa Beach announces closure or cancellation of Large Events, Senior Center, and Community Programs Planned in March
- List of Cancelled, Closed or Postponed Events, Programs, and Facilities
- LA County Public Health Announces Three New Cases of Confirmed COVID-19 in Los Angeles County
LA County Department of Public Health Press Release - LA County Public Health Announces First Death Related to 2019 Novel Coronavirus and Six Additional Cases in LA County
LA County Department of Public Health Press Release - one new case of COVID-19 confirmed in LA County
The Hermosa Beach City School District has added a page on their website to provide parents and students with information and updates related to Coronavirus.
LA County Department of Public Health Press Release - two new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in LA County.
LA County Department of Public Health Press Release - one new case of COVID-19 confirmed in LA County.
LA County Department of Public Health Press Release - Four new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in LA County