DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, CITY HALL REMAINS OPERATIONAL BUT CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC.
- General Information:
- Address: 1315 Valley Drive, 1st Floor, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
- Operational Hours: Monday to Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Building Inspector Availability: Monday to Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Email questions to the assigned inspector: Frank Valles at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Heenan at email@example.com.
- Inspection Requests: to schedule a building inspection, please call (310) 318-0218 one day prior to the inspection.
- Planner Counter Hours and Appointments:
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, CITY HALL REMAINS OPERATIONAL BUT, CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. The Community Development Department has temporarily changed their submittal process while City Hall remains closed to the public.
Once you are prepared to submit plans, please contact us via email at
CommunityDevelopment@hermosabeach.gov with the application and complete submittal requirements.
The Community Development Department is the point of contact for all planning, building and development information. The Department provides planning, building & safety, code enforcement, Community Development Block Grant, and other development-related services. The Department is also the point of contact for sustainability and other special programs and studies. The Department provides staff support to the City's Planning Commission and Building Board of Appeals.
Key Services & Programs:
- Conducts building plan checks, building inspections and enforces building codes.
- Building inspections are conducted 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Thursday. Schedule an inspection one day in advance by calling (310) 318-0218.
- Permits - building, demolition, electrical/mechanical/plumbing, fence, occupancy/load review, sign (permanent on private property) and other permits.
- Project or plan status information may be obtained by telephone (310) 318-0235 or by email at CommunityDevelopment@hermosabeach.gov.
- Enforces Municipal and Building Codes essential to keeping buildings in the City safe and maintaining a neat and orderly appearance.
- Initiates and responds to code enforcement complaints submitted by the public, including building without permits, illegal signs and banners, nuisance abatement and zoning enforcement. Code enforcement requests may be submitted via the City's Go Hermosa App. Contact Code Enforcement at (310) 318-0234.
- Processes permits including but not limited to: Conditional Use, Limited Live Entertainment, Limited Outdoor Seating, Signs (Temporary & A-frame), Temporary Minor Special Events and other permits.
- Prepares and updates the City's General Plan, also known as "PLAN Hermosa" and Zoning Code.
- Prepares project casework for monthly Planning Commission meetings and acts as liaison to the City Council and Planning Commission on all land use and development matters.
- Reviews projects and plans for zoning compliance.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.