- General Information: (310) 318-0216
- Address: 1315 Valley Drive, 2nd Floor, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
- Office Hours: Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is the Chief Executive of City operations. Key responsibilities are to manage all municipal activities, advise the City Council on the City's financial and capital improvement needs, enforce all laws and ordinances, manage the City's properties, appoint department heads and classified civil service employees, represent management in employer-employee relations, and coordinate intergovernmental relations.
Office of the City Manager - Key Services & Programs
Staff from the City Manager's Office also manage and implement a variety of programs and responsibilities including:
- City Council agenda management
- Communications + Community Engagement - visit our "Stay Connected" page for City news releases, social media and other community updates.
- Community Advisory Groups - volunteer community members provide input and feedback to advise staff on City program or project-specific topics.
- Economic Development
- Emergency Preparedness - includes management of the City's Los Angeles County Fire Department and ambulance services contracts; and operation of the Emergency Operations Center.
- Environmental Programs - includes management of the City's solid waste and recycling franchise agreement, development of environmental policies and management/coordination of capital improvement projects.
- Grants Management
- Information Technology
- Legislative Affairs
- Performance Management
- Special Projects
|De Anda-Scaia, Nico||Assistant to the City Manager||City Manager||(310) 318-0201|
|Krauss, Doug||Environmental Programs Manager||City Manager||(310) 750-3603|
|Lowenthal, Suja||City Manager||City Manager||(310) 318-0216|
|Nagata, Kevin||Management Analyst||City Manager||(310) 318-0213|
|Singleton, Leeanne||Environmental Analyst||City Manager||(310) 318-0252|
|Villanueva, Brandy||Emergency Management Coordinator||City Manager||(310) 318-0340|
|Yang, Ann||Executive Assistant, Office of the City Manager||City Manager||(310) 318-0216|
Life, Well Run is an ICMA (International City/County Management Association) initiative to raise awareness of and appreciation for the value professional managers bring to build ethical, efficient, effective local government and great communities we’re proud to call home.