The Hermosa Beach Police Station is located at 540 Pier Avenue in the City's Civic Center next to City Hall, Los Angeles County Fire Station 100 and the Hermosa Beach Library and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The department made up of three divisions:
- Community Services - responsible for parking enforcement, animal control, Neighborhood Watch, Volunteers in Policing (VIP), police community outreach events and other programs.
- Investigative and Administrative Services - manages the Records/Business office (public counter services including permits, citation sign-offs, fulfillment of records and report requests, towed/impounded vehicle releases and certain after-hours/weekend payments--exact change required), Detective Bureau, property, evidence and court liaison functions.
- Operations - comprised of the Narcotics/K-9 unit, Patrol, Traffic Bureau/motor officers and Reserve Unit; also manages the jail.
- Emergencies - dial 911
- Non-Emergency Dispatch - (310) 524-2750
- Non-Emergency Police Station Line - (310) 318-0360 (Records/Business Office)
- Check out our Department Directory for additional contact information
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Nextdoor and sign up for public safety alerts via text or e-mail from the Hermosa Beach Police Department and other local agencies on Nixle / South Bay Alerts
For more, browse the Hermosa Beach Police Department's:
- Ethics / Mission Statement
- Honor Guard Detail Page
- Memorial Page
- Personnel Complaint Procedure
The Hermosa Beach Police Department routinely receives requests for shoulder patches from patch collectors and other members of the public. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate those requests due to the fact that all Hermosa Beach Police Department patches are purchased with public funds. California law prohibits the gift of public funds or property purchased with public funds. Due to this restriction, as well as additional security concerns, it is the policy of the Hermosa Beach Police Department not to sell or give away patches to collectors or the general public.