- General Information: (310) 318-0204
- Address: 1315 Valley Drive, 2nd Floor, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
- Office Hours: Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The City Clerk is custodian of City records and keeper of the City Seal (pictured below). The City Clerk is currently an elected official, but in November 2019, Hermosa Beach voters will be asked to consider a ballot measure to make the City Clerk position appointed rather than elected. Please visit our Election Information page for more details.
Key Services & Programs:
- Acceptance of:
- City Council meeting minutes preparation
- City election administration
- Candidates interested in running for a City office including City Councilmember, City Clerk and City Treasurer should contact the City Clerk's office for an appointment to receive a briefing on filings and other requirements (campaign finance, etc.). There is no filing fee to run for City office.
- Fair Political Practices Commission filing officer
- Municipal Code management and incorporation of new ordinances
- Opening of formal City bids and proposals.
- Public records requests - generally fulfilled within 10 calendar days
- Publication of legal notices