Elected Officials - voters elect a five-person City Council and a City Treasurer. In November 2019, voters approved Measure CC to change the City Clerk to an appointed rather than elected position; for more on City elections, click here.
City Departments - the City Manager directs the day-to-day operations of the City with the assistance of staff which includes the following departments:
- City Manager
- Community Development
- Community Resources
- Human Resources
- Public Works
- Fire and emergency medical services (EMS) are provided by the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
Boards & Commissions - the City Council appoints volunteer Board & Commission members to provide Council, staff and the public with advice, expertise, and approvals on various matters including building code interpretation, personnel, parks/recreation/special events, development projects/planning and public works/capital improvement program projects.
- Building Board of Appeals
- Civil Service Board
- Parks, Recreation and Community Resources Advisory Commission
- Planning Commission
- Public Works Commission
Community Advisory Groups - the City Manager may create informal Community Advisory Groups to assist staff with specific topics or projects:
- Access Hermosa Working Group
- Community Police Advisory Board
- Emergency Preparedness Advisory Board
- Library Advisory Group
- North School Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan Stakeholder Group
We welcome your feedback – contact us!