Welcome to Hermosa Beach--the jewel of the South Bay!
A sunny small beach city of 1.4 square miles and home to nearly 20,000 residents, Hermosa Beach sits at the center of Los Angeles County’s South Bay coastline along the Santa Monica Bay. The town is the very essence of the Southern California lifestyle, with an average of 283 sunny days per year and nighttime temperatures that rarely dip below 50 degrees. With two miles of sandy beach shoreline, Hermosa attracts more than a million visitors to the beach each year.
The small town charm of Hermosa Beach is highlighted in commercial areas like Downtown and Pier Avenue, well known for their many diverse restaurants and local retailers. There are architecturally diverse residences on the Strand, bungalows scattered throughout the town, and multi-level homes with ocean views. Hermosa Beach is within a short commute of many of the largest and best-known names in corporate America in the aerospace, tech, industrial, service and financial fields.
Under Our Community, you can learn about:
- The City of Hermosa Beach - including the City's calendar of events, demographics, facilities, facts, history, maps and the City Seal.
- Community & neighborhood organizations - a wide variety of groups based in the City or the South Bay which offer a full range of activities, services and volunteer opportunities.
- The Hermosa Beach City School District - a separately managed entity from the City, consistently recognized with California Distinguished School awards, offering a high-quality education to students in kindergarten through eighth grade. Hermosa Beach high-schoolers may attend either Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach or Redondo Union High School.
- Hermosa Beach Library - located in the Civic Center at 550 Pier Avenue and managed by Los Angeles County, our local library offers online and print collections along with a wide variety of programming for adults and children (open Tuesday to Saturday).
- Staying connected - keep up on the latest City news and happenings including:
- City news & press releases, monthly E-Newsletter & City Council meeting recaps.
- City social media accounts - Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Twitter.
- eNotifications - sign up to receive e-mails on City calendar, jobs & news items in categories selected by you!
- Public safety alerts - Nixle/South Bay Alerts & Hermosa Beach Police Nextdoor.
- Volunteer opportunities offered by the City.