For Hermosa Beach public parking (free & pay options), parking permits, how to pay or contest a parking citation/ticket and gaining a release of a towed/impounded vehicle, please see the information and links below.
- Public Parking – Lots & Meters
- City public parking map and list of free and pay locations.
- Downtown Parking Lots A, B & Structure C – metered and monthly permit parking available.
- Holiday Free Parking Program - the City Council approved free holiday parking at silver pole parking meters from November 27, 2019 to December 25, 2019 (time limits will still be enforced) - watch for the red holiday parking meter covers!
- Metered Zones - yellow residential and silver commercial poles with rates.
- Parking Meter Reloadable “Cash Keys” - 25% discount program available to Hermosa Beach residents for use at certain parking meters.
- Parking Permits – available from the City Hall Finance Cashier Office:
- General Public – Contractor (30-Day), Daily & Downtown Parking Lot/Structure (monthly) permits.
- Residential – Annual (general residential including guest, owner guest, out-of-state vehicle and 100% alternative fuel vehicle), Driveway, Oversize Vehicle (annual registration & limited 24-hour permits), Replacement, Temporary One-Day Event and Temporary Rental Vehicle permits.
- Business Owners & Employees - Annual Employee permits.
- Online Purchases – Annual residential & guest parking permits (good March to February) may be purchased online (documentation required—please see the Parking Permits page for details).
- Parking Citations and Towed/Impounded Vehicles
- Pay a parking citation online, in person at the Finance Cashier office, via mail or fax.
- Contest a parking citation – administrative review, hearing and Superior Court of Los Angeles County appeal procedures.
- Towed/impounded vehicle and electric scooter/bicycle/shared mobility device release procedures.
Parking Enforcement - City practices, zones, disabled person parking placards/license plates, Safe Routes to School, special events and other tips & reminders.
Coastal Zone Parking Management Study (Draft)
On October 2, 2019, the Hermosa Beach City Council held a study session to review a draft Coastal Zone parking management study and 12 recommendations to improve coastal parking access while making the most of the City's limited land resources in meeting mobility and economic development goals. In addition to improving the City's parking programs, this study will assist in obtaining Coastal Commission approval of its Local Coastal Program to improve local control over future development endeavors. View the project page, staff report (presentation + recommendations) and draft parking management study (IBI Group) to learn more about:
- Existing Conditions and City Parking Inventory
- Parking Occupancy Analysis
- Parking Demand Analysis