Links to common City and Los Angeles County Fire Department permitting and inspection activities geared toward businesses and the commercial sector are listed below:
- Building & Safety - building permits and inspections are provided by the Community Development Department.
- Filming in Hermosa Beach - film permits are issued by the Community Resources Department.
- Fire Inspections - L.A. County Fire - fire inspections performed by the Los Angeles County Fire Department may be scheduled as part of the Community Development department permitting and approval process.
- Pier Plaza - Outdoor Dining - right of way permits may be obtained from the Public Works Department.
- Police Department - annual security/burglar alarm, amplified sound and drone permits.
- Public Works - right of way permits and inspections may be coordinated with the Public Works Department. Schedule Public Works inspections online using the City's Go Hermosa app.
- Sidewalk Vending - sidewalk vending permits are issued by the Public Works Department.
- Signage / Banners / A-Frame Signs - permits for private property are issued by the Community Development Department. Permits for banners in the public right of way are issued by the Public Works Department.
- Special Event Permit - special event permits held in the public right of way and in public spaces such as the beach, Pier Plaza, parks, The Strand are issued by the Community Resources Department. Commercial special event permits (administrative permits / limited live entertainment permits) are issued by the Community Development Department.