Temporary Minor Special Event Permit
- Departments:Community Development
- Phone:(310) 318-0242
Visit the Community Development Department's applications, forms and handouts webpage to obtain a Temporary Minor Special Event Permit application and fee information.
The City of Hermosa Beach provides an administrative permit process allowing ‘minor special events’ on private property to encourage activities that promote or benefit businesses or the community, but that do not cause significant impacts. Minor special events are allowed in C-1, C-2, C-3, M-1, SPA 7, SPA-8 and SPA-11 zones. They are allowed in Residential zones on property developed with nonresidential uses. They may also be allowed on school district property with approval of the school principal.
The event categories are:
- Outdoor entertainment or assembly unrelated to an existing use or business on the site (carnival, concert, farmers’ market, fairs, sporting event, etc.) (Maximum of 4 times per year, limited to 7 consecutive days each occurrence)
- Outdoor display or exhibit unrelated to an existing use or business on the site (art, cultural, or education displays, arts and crafts exhibits, etc. (Maximum of 4 times per year, limited to 7 consecutive days each occurrence)
- Outdoor sales/attraction related to an existing business on the site (Maximum of 4 per year, limited to 3 consecutive days each occurrence)
- Indoor activity related to an existing use on the site (may include limited outdoor display or activity) (Maximum of 12 times per year, limited to 3 consecutive days each occurrence)
- Other types of event that are found to be similar may be considered by the City and the rules for that type of event will apply.