For police, fire and public safety emergencies, please dial 911. Other City offices, permits and services are listed below (sortable by department)
File a Police Report Online
- Phone:(310) 318-0360
Welcome to the Hermosa Beach Police Department
Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY PLEASE DIAL 9-1-1
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency.
- This incident occurred within Hermosa Beach City limits.
- There are No Known suspects.
- This did not occur on a State Freeway.
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at the Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Hermosa Beach Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report incidents such as: Vandalism, Lost Property, Theft, and Harassing Phone Calls
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Hermosa Beach Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 310-318-0360) to file your report.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Question||What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?|
|Answer||If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 310-318-0360.|
|Question||What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?|
|Answer||No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Hermosa Beach Police Department please call the police department for that city.|
|Question||What if this happened on a state Freeway?|
|Answer||If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.|
|Question||What is a known suspect?|
|Answer||A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.|