Public Notice | Hermosa Beach Mayor | Wednesday, July 1, 2020 | Special Meeting
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
Hermosa Beach City Council
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Mayor of Hermosa Beach has called a Special Meeting to take place on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 4:00 P.M. to consider and take action on only those matters set forth below.
1. CONSIDERATION OF MODIFICATION OF EMERGENCY ORDER IN RESPONSE TO COVID‑19 PANDEMIC TO BECOME EFFECTIVE JULY 3RD PERTAINING TO:
· CLOSURE OF BEACHES IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY
· CLOSURE OF HERMOSA BEACH STRAND
· CLOSURE OF HERMOSA BEACH PIER
· CLOSURE OF ALL BARS AND NIGHTCLUBS
· CLOSURE OF PARKING LOT (A) AND REASSIGNMENT OF LOT B FOR MONTHLY PERMITS ONLY
· DIRECTING THE REMOVAL OF ALL VOLLEYBALL NETTING ON RESIDENTIAL OR COMERCIAL BEACH PROPERTY
· CLOSURE OF ALL RESTAURANTS, AND OFF-SITE ALCOHOL SALES/LIQUOR STORES BY 10 P.M.
· PROHIBITINGQUEUING (STANDING IN LINE) OUTSIDE OF ANY RESTAURANT, AND REQUIRING ALL RESTAURANTS LOCATED IN HERMOSA BEACH TO FOLLOW LOS ANGELES COUNTY HEALTH OFFICER ORDER APPENDIX I TO ESTABLISH A RESERVATION SYSTEM TO NOTIFY PATRONS OF TABLE AVAILABILITY AND TO ALLOW FOR THE COLLECTION OF CONTACT INFORMATION TO BE UTILIZED FOR CONTACT-TRACING IF NEEDED
LOCATION: This will be a virtual Meeting held pursuant to Executive Order N‑29‑20 issued by Governor Gavin Newsom on March 17, 2020. Any or all Councilmembers may attend and participate by teleconference/virtual meeting. Members of the public may participate by teleconference.
PUBLIC COMMENT: City Hall will be closed to the public until further notice. Members of the public may email comments to Esarmiento@hermosabeach.gov until 1:00 p.m. on the meeting date. Members of the public may also participate by phone.
JOIN THE VIRTUAL MEETING AT: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87032785286
OR PARTICIPATE BY PHONE:
1. Email Esarmiento@hermosabeach.gov to be added to the speaker list. Please indicate which
item you would like to speak on.
2. Dial-in to meeting:
• Toll Free: 877-853-5257
• Meeting ID: 870 3278 5286, then #
• Participant ID: press # to bypass
3. ATTENDEES WILL BE MUTED UNTIL THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PERIOD IS OPENED. When you are called on to speak, press * 6 to unmute your line. Comments from the public are limited to 3 minutes per speaker.
Submit eComments in three easy steps. Please note that your comment will become part of the official
meeting record. You must provide your full name, but please do not provide any other personal
information (i.e. phone numbers, addresses, etc.) that you do not want to be published.
1. Go to the Agendas/Minutes/Video webpage and find the meeting for which you would like to submit comments
on. Click on the eComment button for your selected meeting.
2. Find the agenda item for which you would like to provide a comment. You can select a specific
agenda item/project or provide general comments under the Oral/Written Communications item.
2. Sign in to your SpeakUp Hermosa Account or as a guest, enter your comment in the field
provided, provide your name, and if applicable, attach files before submitting your comment.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact the City Manager’s office at 310-318-0216. The agenda is available for public review at the City’s website at https://www.hermosabeach.gov/our-community/agendas-minutes-video.