Community Resources manages the City facilities and parks below, several of which may be rented for your next event or meeting. Click on the linked facility name for application forms, rules and details.
Questions? Please contact (310) 318-0280 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Hermosa Beach Pier - CLOSED until further noticeAmenities:
The Hermosa Beach Pier, extends 1,140 feet from the Strand toward the Pacific Ocean. The current Hermosa Beach Pier structure was built in 1965 and renovated in the early 2000s. To ensure the Pier remains a safe enjoyable place for all, there are a number of activities that are not allowed on the Pier. Additionally, while fishing is allowed on the Pier, California Fish and Wildlife rules must be observed.
- Pier Hours + Closures - The Hermosa Beach Pier is open daily from 6 am to 10 pm. Weather or other conditions may warrant temporary closure of the Pier and visitors must follow the direction of Lifeguards or other City Officials to vacate the Pier.
- Dogs Prohibited On or Off-Leash - It is unlawful for the owner, or any other person having custody of, any dog, cat or other animal to permit the same to be on the Pier, whether said animal is on leash or not.
- Consumption of Alcohol or Smoking - It is unlawful for any person to consume or drink any alcoholic beverage while on any part of the municipal Pier or beach. Smoking, including vaping, cigars, and marijuana are also prohibited on the Beach, Pier, Pier Plaza, the Strand, and all parks and public spaces in Hermosa Beach.
- Skates, Skateboards, Bicycles and Scooters Prohibited - It is unlawful to ride and/or park any skates, skateboard, bicycle, scooter or similar conveyance on the Pier. Equipment must be walked and may not be locked or left on the Pier.
- Diving or Jumping from Pier - It is unlawful for any person or persons to either dive or jump from the Pier or to push, shove or cause any person to fall, dive or jump from the pier; or to climb or be on the outside of the railing of the pier except members of the lifeguard service of a governmental agency.
- Swimming or Surfing near Pier - Oceangoers, whether swimming or surfing, are advised to keep a distance of at least 100 feet from the Pier and are restricted from swimming or surfing through the Pier pilings.
- Fishing on the Pier - While fishing is allowed on the Pier, and California Fish and Wildlife Rules must be observed. Additionally, overhead casting and throwing of bait or litter on the Pier are prohibited activities. If you see activities that you believe are in violation of the California Fish and Wildife regulations, you are encouraged to call the Cal Tip Hotline at: 888-334-2258.
The City of Hermosa Beach has over 20 parks and parkettes, including Valley Park and South Park listed above, all offering residents green space for picnics and outings.