Sign up for eNotifications to receive automatic e-mails for City calendar events & meetings in the categories of your choice! Calendar events may be sorted by category or City Department using the drop down menus below.
- Date: -
On May 26, 2020, the Hermosa Beach City Council officially proclaimed June as Pride Month for the first time in the City's history. This first Hermosa Beach Pride Month represents a time to reflect on the national LGBTQ+ community’s long and arduous road towards equality. It also affords us the chance to think about how we can all work together locally as Hermosa Beach residents to help make a positive and lasting impact on the lives of our LGBTQ+ neighbors and their allies.
Participate in the movement
- Read about the History of Pride - The Los Angeles County Library has information on the history of PRIDE and offers a collection of LGBT reading resources.
- Find LGBTQ+ Resources - A series of online resources for adults and children are available from PFLAG South Bay Chapter. LGBTQ+ Resources
- Support PFLAG - Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays - PFLAG South Bay Chapter offers support, education and hope to LGBTQ+ persons, their families, friends and allies. Donate to PFLAG South Bay.
- Check out the Pier Plaza Lights - Which will light up nightly in rainbow colors all month long.
- Visit our PRIDE Flags - Hanging proudly at the Hermosa Beach Police Department, at Fire Station 100, and at Schumacher Plaza at the Hermosa Beach Pier.
- Request a flag of your own - To show our support of the LGBTQ in our community, our Councilmembers have secured FREE 12'' x 18'' inch Rainbow stick flags to display in your yard, on your beach cruiser or carry around town as well as LOVE IS LOVE rainbow bracelets. Request a flag or bracelet