Hermosa Beach Homeless Count
- Date: 01/22/2020 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Location: City Hall
1315 Valley Drive
Hermosa Beach, California 90254
Hermosa Beach's annual Homeless Count will take place on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at City Council Chambers at 1315 Valley Drive. Volunteer drivers and counters ages 18 and up will help count persons experiencing homelessness in Hermosa Beach. The City is grateful for the community's continued support of this important event and has reached its 25 volunteer maximum for online signups. Walk-ins are welcome to check in with staff at the start of the event to see if there are any volunteer counter, driver or support openings in case of any no-shows.
How It Works:
- Volunteers will meet up in Hermosa Beach Council Chambers at 8 p.m. for a brief training overview and light refreshments. Please bring your car if you are able to be a team driver. (Parking will be available in the City Hall lot).
- While working in teams of 2-3, you’ll be assigned a census tract that you’ll drive or walk, looking for persons experiencing homelessness.
- You will count how many people you see – keeping a respectful distance.
- When your team has finished, you’ll return to Council Chambers to turn in your results and debrief.
- Please dress warmly and bring a flashlight if you have one available.
Each year the City participates in the Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count to collect crucial data on homelessness in our community. These counts help the City and homeless service providers to develop policies and tailor strategies and services to end homelessness on a regional level.
For more information, please visit the City's Homeless Services webpage for:
- Contacts to assist people experiencing homelessness
- Previous annual Homeless Count statistics
- The City's Five Year Homelessness Plan (2018)
- Frequently asked questions & answers
- Resources & links