CANCELLED: Public Works Commission Meeting CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF A QUORUM
- Date: 03/18/2020 7:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC until further notice
1315 Valley Drive
Hermosa Beach, California 90254
PUBLIC WORKS COMMISSION MEETING CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF A QUORUM
A regular meeting of the Hermosa Beach Public Works Commission was scheduled for Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 7 P.M.
To review the meeting agenda (to be posted at least 72 hours prior to the meeting), go to the Agendas, Minutes & Videos page of our website and select the appropriate meeting date.
Out of an abundance of caution and due to the extraordinary nature of a pandemic, the City of Hermosa Beach is taking additional precautions to reduce the possibility of community transmission of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). While this meeting is currently scheduled to take place, the City will be implementing the following changes for this meeting:
- Encouraging the submission of e-comments or email comment in place of in-person public comment.
- Working to establish a telephonic call-in number or virtual meeting option that would allow for remote participation.
- Changing the physical set up of the Council Chambers to observe social distancing guidelines from Public Health Officials and other recommended precautions.
At this time, City Hall is closed to the public, but the public is encouraged to phone, email or go online to complete tasks or reach City staff before coming to City Hall. As a reminder, in order to reduce the risk of spreading illnesses, it is recommended that each person:
- Stay home if sick or need to care for a sick family member.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing using a tissue or sleeve (not hands).
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces often.
The City is closely monitoring updates and sharing information about the coronavirus that is provided by trusted resources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. This information is changing daily, if not hourly, and the City is providing the latest information about coronavirus and links to resources on its website. To stay informed, sign up for Hermosa Beach eNotifications, public safety alerts, or follow the City on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.